To ssh into a server!!
- Do full install of putty
- Use puttygen to create a public and private key
- on the solaris box, create a .ssh dir in the home dir of the user you want to ssh in as, with permissions of 700
- in the .ssh dir, create a file called authorized_keys and copy in your public key. the permissions should be rw_r_r
- on your pc, either double click on your ppk file to open it in putty pageant, or set up the following bat file in your startup dir:
"c:\Program Files\PuTTY?\pageant.exe" "c:\Documents and Settings\youruser\email@example.com"
- fire up putty and ssh you@servername